The ICFA welcomes papers on any aspect of the fantastic – broadly defined as including fantasy, science fiction, weird fiction, horror, gothic, and fairy tales – in Literature, Drama, Film, Music, Video Games and Comics. The Visual & Performing Arts and Audiences (VPAA) Division accepts papers on
- visual arts such as comic books, paintings, architecture, sculpture, photographs and illustrations;
- the performing arts, including (film, TV, game, pop/rock) music, dance and theater;
- games, including fanfic, fan artwork and cosplay;
- transformative texts, both fan and professional, including mashups and viral marketing;
- and audience/reception studies concerning audiences for any medium or genre of the fantastic.
For more information on the IAFA and its conference, the ICFA, see http://iafa.highpoint.edu. Deadline for paper and panel proposals on the fantastic and/or empires is 31 October through the IAFA website, http://iafa.highpoint.edu/icfa-submissions/. The VPAA Division Head is Isabella van Elferen. Queries can be sent to her email address, I.vanElferen@Kingston.ac.uk . Further contact information can be found below.
Please join us in Orlando in 2014. We will add your intellectual and creative distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.
Isabella van Elferen
Professor of Music
Kingston University London